Something that has always troubled me is getting GVim to maximise when using Ubuntu…“WHATTTT” you say “that’s easy…just add this to your .gvimrc”
set lines=999 set columns=999
Well that did work - but it always moved Gvim into another workspace - one of those things that doesn’t really matter, but never the less you just can’t let go…it annoyed me everytime I opened GVim.
At last I have found a much better solution…one that I am sure any seasoned Ubuntu user knows about but which I had never heard of…Devilspie
Roughly speaking this is what you do:
sudo apt-get install devilspie
Create a script:
cd ~/.devilspie touch max_gvim.ds
Edit the script and add the follwing:
(if (contains(window_name) "Vim") (maximize) )
Add devilspie to your startup applications and voila…maximised GVim!